Shift hours: Permanent
Group Manager; Cleaning
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a experienced Cleaning Group Manager in the Staffordshire area. You will be overseeing the cleaning operations for a number of sites including a variety of local authority, emergency services and education properties.
At Compass we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors.
Sounds great doesn’t it? So, if you’re someone who takes great pride in delivering the highest level of service to your clients and you can lead a team who are equally passionate about it as you, then we have the ideal role for you as a Group Cleaning Manager.
You will oversee the efficient delivery of cleaning and associated services as well as managing a team of cleaning operatives, with the assistance of site managers and supervisors maximising the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you will ensure the service is operated safely and hygienically with a focus on superior quality. You will also need to ensure optimum productivity levels are achieved at all times. The Cleaning Group Manager will be overseeing up to 40 sites, completing audits, regular client meetings and getting the best out of their team.
- Previous experience in cleaning/facilities/soft service management.
- Must hold a full clean current driving licence and have access to their own transport.
- People & management skills
- Experience overseeing a large number of sites
- The ability to guide, mentor and train a team to maximise their potential
- Experience of conducting structured site visits and liaising with the clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player & able to get on with others
- Ability to communicate clearly face to face with clients & colleagues
- Excellent eye for details
- Work well under pressure and have good time management skills
- Able to produce accurate work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Computer literate