In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Grounds Supervisor here at Fanhams Hall Hotel, who will ensure the best possible conditions are maintained throughout the estate for members and visitors. To assist the Technical Services Manager in the management of all areas of the estate including the hotel, grounds and historical gardens.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
Our Grounds Supervisor will be responsible for ..
- To support the gardens and maintenance teams in delivering exceptional standards in the grounds.
- Leading from the front. Remaining hands on within the grounds.
- To ensure that all events in the grounds are run to our agreed standards and areas specifically required by guests are ready.
- Proposing ideas and improvements for the grounds and estate to continue to enhance the guest experience
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Out ideal Grounds Supervisor will have:
- Green fingers and a love for the great outdoors!
- Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) level 2 qualification
- PA1 & PA6 qualification in the use of pesticides
- Minimum – level 3 diploma in horticulture or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in lawn care
- Tractor & lawn mowing equipment experience
- A confident, warm and welcoming personality
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
- Great organisational skills
- Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (you’ll need to be able to work some weekends, maybe evenings and the occasional bank holidays)
- Good fitness as this role is physical involving manual handling and being on your feet all day keeping an eye on the beautiful gardens.
- A full clean UK driving licence would be beneficial
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday pro rota (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.