** Remote/home working allowed for Kent/East Sussex based candidates with occasional need to work from the office**
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for Graduate Accountants to join our Group Finance Shared services team on a 12 – month Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for month end close including all aspects of general ledger accounting and reporting.
You will bring a relevant degree such as Accountancy & Finance/Management Science/Economics and a strong academic background.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Month end close including all aspects of general ledger accounting and reporting
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, coordinating with colleagues
- External reporting including year-end/ interim audits, regulatory returns, and compliance
- Development of the month end close process, striving for process efficiencies
- Responsibility for the maintenance of accounting records and associated processes
- A relevant degree such as Accountancy & Finance/Management Science/Economics
- Strong academics, both GCSEs and A-Levels or equivalents
- An ability to study towards ACCA or CIMA
- Excellent communication and people skills with a range of colleagues at varying levels
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and interrogate, facilitating the ability to find anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Curious, and strong desire to understand the “why” behind processes to perform them better and find opportunities
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
Our values are:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/89/1305