Salary: £9.50 – £9.50
Shift hours: Permanent
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a General Assistant to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Catering team, who deliver outstanding catering services for patients and visitors.
As a General Assistant you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for patients and visitors alike, every day is different and by facilitating customers nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
- Prepare and provide refreshments and a hot and cold food service.
- Use of tills and cash handling.
- Ensuring all areas are always kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment.
- Disposal of waste.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.