Salary: £8.91 – £8.91
Shift hours: Part Time
- Provide food service menu to client, customer and contractor In the Catering areas.
- Compliance with all hygiene, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Help to drive sales and profit increases in a safe working environment.
- To support the management of consumption/wastage levels and service/cleaning standards to the agreed
- Establishment targets.
- Hygiene, Health and Safety
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by your Unit Manager, Supervisor or Shift Leader and
- Achieve within the specified deadlines.
- Comply with all company and client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness and fire. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and correct utilisation of required personal protective equipment.
- To be fully conversant with company Health and Safety, policy and procedures and legal requirements.
- General Responsibilities.
- Assist with the correct preparation and service of meals as per daily menu, whilst complying with current food safety legislation and Company Procedures. Portion control and food presentation standards must be adhered to.
- Seek authorisation to identify food recovery requirements at each shift and ensure Company procedures for recovery, storage and reuse of food items are complied with using assured safe catering and HAACP guidelines.
- Undertake as directed opening and closing down procedures within the unit with particular emphasis on security.
- Ensure food hotplates and serveries are supervised and replenished, remain clean, tidy, free from spillage and debris during meal service.
- Ensure all food under your control are served and held at the required temperature. (Probed and recorded).
- To fill in appropriate paperwork and cashing up of tills at the beginning and end of each shift.
- To assist/complete routine stock counting, stock take, layouts, restocking and promotion set up.
- To be fully conversant with stock rotation principles. To rotate all stock and ensure that no out of date stock is on shelves.
- Follow Company Quality Procedures laid down, specifically when receiving any deliveries of stores or foodstuffs, completing the relevant paperwork.
- Ensure your working areas are kept clean and tidy ensuring a ‘clean as you go’ policy is maintained at all times.
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
- Report any equipment defects and deficiencies to the Shift Leader immediately.
- Learn the correct procedures for the monitoring of fridges, freezers, hot services and chilled cabinets in compliance with Company Quality Procedures.
- Comply with the Food Safety and Health and Safety Legislation. Through training, develop a working knowledge of COSHH regulation, correct manual handling and accident reporting procedures.
- Good level of numeracy/literacy and an effective communicator as part of team
- Driven by quality, providing highest standards of service at all times
- Experience or knowledge of the retail/cafe environment
- Manual handling ability
Location: Colchester, England