Salary: £10.09 – £10.09
Shift hours: Full Time
About the role
At Sodexo we are passionate about food and we believe that good food really has the power to bring everyone together!
We put our dedication to fabulous food in the spotlight to showcase what our talented team can do, and we are looking for Food Service Assistant to join us in Reading Blue Coat School.
You’ll make sure that our students feel like they are at home by preparing and serving fresh, delicious, home cooked meals through the day! You’ll be a vital part of our amazing team and you’ll help ensure that our kitchen and service areas are always kept glistening!
Sodexo and our Clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (UK) and / or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland)
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
We want you to bring your strong communication skills and your keen attention to detail with you when you join us!
With a focus on customer service, you’ll put our students at the heart of everything you do, always ensuring to deliver an excellent service! Being a team player is also key – after all there is no ‘I’ in team.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Food Service Assistant before but what does matter to us is taking pride in what you do. A willingness to learn and develop new skills is a bonus too!
There will be great opportunities to grow and progress your career with Sodexo and we will support you throughout your journey with us!
- Comply with statutory and company requirements
- Assist in all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop
- Assist with the hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
- To assist, as required, at special function, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss or damage and take action as may be appropriate
- To attend meetings and courses, as required
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
Location: Reading Blue Coat School, Sonning, Reading, England