Food Health & Safety Advisor
£40,000pa + Bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Food, Health and Safety Advisor to join our amazing team at Prezzo.
We opened our first restaurant in New Oxford Street, London, in 2000. Since then, we’ve become one of the most well-known and loved Italian dining restaurants on the high street. We’re all about bringing people together to enjoy delicious Italian classics, in beautiful settings – whatever the occasion.
We’re proud to be an award-winning hospitality employer, having been awarded:
- ‘Excellence in HR Technology’ at the HR in Hospitality Awards
- ‘Best use of Benefits Technology’ at the Employee Benefits Awards
- ‘Fair Employment’ at the Youth Friendly Employer Awards
- ‘Environmental Best Practice’ at the International Green Apple Awards
- ‘Best Pizza Restaurant – Chain’ at the PAPA Industry Awards
We were also shortlisted for the following:
- ‘Best Mental Health Strategy’ at the Employee Benefits Awards
- ‘Recycling excellence’ and ‘Partnership excellence’ at the National Recycling Forum
We also have a big focus on mental health and well-being, and we’re proud to have been accredited with the Foundation Level ‘London Health Workplace Award’.
- Structured career development opportunities
- Training provided from Day 1
- Extra day off a year for your Birthday
- Free meals during shifts
- Flexible working pattern
- 50% staff discounts at all Prezzo and other amazing retail offers
- Uncapped refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000 for each friend successfully referred
- Wagestream membership – our financial well-being platform
- Life assurance
- Free 24/7 access to online GP services, legal support and financial and debt management
- Grazie! – our reward and recognition platform
- Dedicated well-being and mental health support
This role is fundamental in driving a positive food, health and safety culture in our business. By working closely with our Operational teams, you will act as focal point, advising, coaching and supporting growth and development on all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Safety.
You will promote, improve and implement suitable and effective Food, Health & Safety policies, procedures and standards across the business. All of this will be with the support of the Group Food, Health & Safety Manager and Risk Team to achieve a safe, complaint and positive workforce.
- Promoting a positive Food Safety and Health & Safety culture across the business
- Providing key support, guidance and coaching to our restaurants, operations and support centre teams in all aspects of our Food, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Designing and delivering engaging and up to date Food Safety and Health & Safety training across the business.
- Assisting in the production of safety documentation and promotional material for internal use around our policies and procedures.
- Ensuring safe systems of work are in place and are being adhered to by all team members across the business.
- Providing support, guidance and training to restaurants with regards to reported incidents and the handling of food and safety related complaints.
- Undertaking accident and incident investigations, working to identify root causes and proactively reviewing and addressing areas of risk within the business.
- Keeping up to date with appropriate legislation and Company policy and procedures.
- Utilise our online incident reporting system to record and report on Food Safety and Health & Safety related issues, accidents and complaints.
- Liaising with our Guest Relations and Operations team in relation to guest complaints relating to food, health and safety matters.
- Liaising with Local Licencing Authorities, EHOs and Fire Authorities regarding enforcement and compliance issues, inspections, surveys and required improvements.
- Liaising with our insurance broker on issues relating to current and future Public and Employee Liability claims providing relevant information where required.
- Reporting serious accidents to the enforcing authority where they are covered under statutory regulations (RIDDOR).
- Any other reasonable duties as communicated by the Group Food, Health & Safety Manager.
What we look for:
- A ‘can-do’ positive attitude, motivated and driven to ‘make it happen’, flexible and proactive.
- The ability to work in a high-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail, able to work on multiple assignments, across multiple geographic locations, and the ability to deal with ad hoc requests.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – be solution driven.
- Minimum Level 3 accredited Health & Safety qualification (or equivalent)
- Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), working towards Graduate Membership.
- Graduate-level education is desirable.
- Proven experience in a Food Safety and Health & Safety background preferably in hospitality or comparable sector.
If you would like to be part of our exciting journey, please get in touch and we look forward to speaking with you. Apply today!
Location: Prezzo – Health & Safety
Salary: £40000.00 per annum plus bonus, field based