We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Central Accounting team at Greggs.
We can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 21 days (4.2 weeks) annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service, plus bank holidays and 1 additional floating day
- Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
- Paid breaks
- Free hot drinks while on a shift break
- Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
- Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
- Career progression and learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing
- Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers
- A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
- Colleague Networks – internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Administrator to join the Central Accounting team on a permanent basis. The main focus of the role will be to administer all aspects of our property finance processes across our retail and supply estate.
This role will be mostly office based at our Newcastle Head Office but with the opportunity to work from home 1-2 days per week.
This is a fast-paced role which would suit someone with a strong work ethic who enjoys working independently and has the ability to multi-task and prioritise to deliver a quality service to the wider business and our suppliers.
What you’ll do
As the Finance Administrator for property costs you’ll:
- Have ownership of the property finance post and email mailbox to ensure we stay on top of our payments to landlords and their managing agents. Tasks include:
- Coding invoices for rent, insurance, service charges and business rates to make sure costs are allocated to the correct shop and payments made to the correct suppliers;
- Dealing with queries from landlords on payments and performing statement reconciliations;
- Managing the set-up of new supplier accounts for paying property invoices;
- Provision of monthly turnover data to landlords where required by the lease.
- Support the Central Accounting Team with period end tasks and queries.
- Build relationships with the Accounts Payable, Master Data and Property teams to make sure the property finance process runs as smoothly as possible and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide any other ad-hoc support and analysis as required by the Central Accounting Team.
You will fit right into this role if you can demonstrate:
- A background in a similar finance or accounts payable role
- You are confident in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- You are a strong team player, able to build good working relationships at all levels
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of, and the ability to multi-task and work with multiple priorities calmly and at pace
- Strong skills in planning, prioritising, and organising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Want to develop and are ready to work alongside some great people and have lots of fun on your Greggs journey!
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.