Could you be a Sense Support Worker?
It's an exiting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Support Worker to join our service in West Bromwich.
This is a permanent role, working 22.5 hours per week.
You will be supporting an individual with specific needs and desires; "I would like someone who is motivated and willing to support me to try new things, someone that can drive and is willing to take me out in the car every day. I’d like you to take the time to learn about me, I can be cheeky and have a good sense of humour. I communicate using BSL, symbols and photos. I would like you to help increase my independence, go with me on holiday, go out for coffee or to the disco."
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- For genuine occupational reasons we are looking to appoint a female candidate only (exemption under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
- You require a full manual UK licence and must be willing/able to drive our minibus.
- Knowledge of or qualification in British Sign Language or similar is beneficial ( BSL / Makaton etc.)
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.
Our selection process aims to make sure that the role is right for you and you are right for us. Before applying please read the full job description and person specification.
To avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.
No agency submissions, any submissions without prior authorisation from Sense will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.