Are you a passionate and dynamic External Account Manager looking for your next permanent role? Then please read on as we may have your next role……
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced External Account Manager to join our amazing team based at Tarmac Silvertown RMX (Readymix) site in the heart of London. This role is commutable from and the surrounding areas and is a mobile role with a Company Car, with 1 or 2 days at one of our London sites and will also accommodate a level of hybrid working.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of External Account Manager, you will be dynamic in establishing dedicated relationships with our external customers to maintain price, volume and profit for the business’s key accounts; whilst possessing the ability to enhance product volumes and profitability through increasing the infiltration of VAPs across the customer portfolio.
Responsibilities of the External Account Manager role (not exhaustive):
- You will be the first and main link between Tarmac and our pivotal customer accounts, providing clear and principled direction which will enhance the customer experience and strengthen relationships
- You will strategically manage a portfolio of external accounts to deliver against targeted sales volumes, price and profitability targets
- Identify opportunities to maximise our cash position through efficient and effective trading
- Provide the business and the associated departments with external market intel around product demand and mix interest to support the continual evolution of our strategy approach
- Be at the forefront of any significant RMX projects on the horizon and devise an advance plan of action to maximise Tarmac potential at securing a programme of works
- Work closely and actively with the Customer Service and Shipping teams, understanding and appreciating the value each role contributes to the success of the business
- Forward prepare you colleagues and teams of the requirements and expectations of key accounts implementing specific and achievable service level agreements
- Regularly review each account; looking for ways to improve and adapt our offering to benefit both Tarmac and our customers
- Provide the General Manager with monthly key metrics and performance rating reports, identified underperformance or issues with solutions to drive business improvement
In the role you will be in liaison with stakeholders across the business, ranging from – General Managers – Commercial Managers – Quantity Surveyors – Site Teams – Estimators – Accounts – Technical – HR
A car is available with this role, therefore you must hold a FULL UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points and has the flexibility of Hybrid working
The Ideal Candidate for our role of External Account Manager will ideally have the following:
- Demonstration of managing and developing customer accounts
- Commercial understanding of our business within sector
- Working cross-functionally to deliver customer requirements
- Be able to utilise commercial tools and forecasts in your normal working day
Skills / Knowledge:
- Influencing skills, negotiation skills, change management skills
- An excellent understanding of regional market
- Understanding of the competitive landscape
- High level of drive & determination to succeed
- Ability to identify customer needs and build solutions, along with comprehensive product knowledge
Salary: Competitive + Company Car + Bonus + Benefits Package
Location: , ,
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/40135/4914