Salary: £31,000 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
We have a varied, fast paced opportunity for an Executive Head Chef at our well-established Independent School, King Edward VI. You’ll bring a hands-on approach to the site and apply your creative input into a diverse sustainable menu. As the Executive Head Chef, you will oversee the timely and efficient preparation of all core feeding, retail and hospitality within all catering areas and venues within the School, including special needs and diets.
Well suited to a visual and approachable culinary figurehead that’s looking for a career enhancing role. The position is 52 weeks per year although there is plenty of time off during school holidays and downtime for that work life balance.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
Rise with Sodexo
- Coordinate and direct all culinary activities in King Edward VI and other locations in which we are asked to cater.
- Manage and control the services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Manage a team to increase the Client and Sodexo’s revenue opportunities i.e. commercial opportunities, labour efficiency and generate the GOP within retail operations.
- Supply Chain Management – ensure value for money is achieved through robust management of purchasing.
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for long term partnerships
- Recruit, induct and develop talented employees within the kitchens and, if necessary, firmly and fairly manage poor performance.
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business.
- Exceptional management of Food Hygiene, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation using the Sodexo Safety Management System.
- NVQ level 2 Food Production certificate or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Experienced Chef who has operated in a busy, client facing environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be an effective team player
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure and across a range of shifts and service times
- Advanced Food Safety or Health and Safety qualification
Location: Southampton, England