Salary: £9.40 – £9.40
Shift hours: Part Time
- Reporting to the Cleaning and Grounds Manager, the Evening Cleaning Team Leader has overall responsibility for the evening cleaning operations of the buildings and surrounding areas ensuring they are clean and safe for staff and visitors.
- The Cleaning Team Leader will also deputise for the Cleaning Supervisor/ Manager in their absence.
- The Cleaning Team Leader directly manages a team of evening staff.
- To provide the highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene to the Company standards within the service specification.
- To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
- Have full knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty.
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required SOP standards.
- Have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by your line manager only after correct COSHH training has been given. Report any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Report any safety hazards or inappropriate compromises to the line Manager e.g. locked fire door, lifting flooring, lights not working etc.
- Ensure that the specified safety signage is used at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn/advise” customers where possible.
- To be aware of material expenditure and cost and avoid unnecessary waste.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment stored safely at all times.
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo and report immediately any shortages or discrepancies found.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- To deal with any complaints by immediately reporting them to the Line Manager.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently.
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order. Report any defects to the supervisor/Manager immediately.
- Comply with all Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Complete the tasks allocated, by the line manager, in accordance with Company`s standards, practices and procedures
- Disposal of waste into correct receptacles, i.e. hazardous bins, recycling bins, general rubbish bins, confidential bins, compostable bins.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment.
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- The ability to implement and adhere to standards and procedures.
- Health and Safety experience including COSHH, Health and Safety and Manual Handling.
- Basic office skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Smart appearance and professional manner.
- Resilience, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- BICs cleaning qualification or equivalent is also desirable, but not essential.
Other relevant information:
- To relieve and assist in other establishments in certain circumstances.
- To attend and participate in meetings and training courses as required.
- This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged and the range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken.It does not attempt to detail every activity.Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.The post holder will be required at all times to perform any other reasonable task, as requested by the Line Manager in order to meet the operational needs of the business.
Location: High Wycombe, England