Salary: Monthly Paid
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have a vacancy for an enhanced cleaner to join our Approved Premises (AP) team. Working alongside the National Probation Service (NPS) the team at APs work in secure homes for ex-offenders, where the residents are on license from the prison service, making the transition back into the community.
This position offers a real sense of value and meaning as you work alongside a team whose aim is to support rehabilitation and help reduce re offending amongst the residents. It holds fantastic opportunities for career progression, overtime, and advancement.
The hours of work are every Saturday and Sunday 10am-2pm. The rate of pay is £8.91 per hour, paid monthly.
All training, uniform, and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to for you from day one on the job.
- In this role, you will work to a schedule to provide a range of disinfection and cleaning services to highly used touch points, that include offices and meeting rooms, toilets, showers, and bathrooms, and kitchens and communal areas, completing all records as directed accurately and in timely manner.
- You will replenish stock within your area of responsibility, as well as ensuring Ensure all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility and make sure all consumables (such as are topped up such as soap, toilet tissues and hand gels) are regularly topped up.
- You will be ensuring meeting rooms, office spaces, kitchens, and toilets, are sanitised thoroughly, thereby keeping residents and colleagues safe, as you help to reduce the risk of infections spreading.
- You will be responsible for conducting all your activities in a safe manner, by always wearing all required PPE, following all relevant Sodexo and NPS processes and procedures, and continually asking yourself three key safety questions: is my environment safe? Is the equipment safe and appropriate for the task? Do I know how to do the task safely? Reporting any safety concerns or faulty equipment to your line manager immediately.
- Will be great at working independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to work individually and working as part of a team
- Will be reliable and have with excellent time keeping
- Will be customer focussed and will deal with all residents and personnel in a polite and courteous manner
- Will have experience with COSHH (although, this is not essential as full training will be provided)
- Due to the nature of the environment we operate in, candidates must be 21 years of age or older
Location: Highfield House, Lydia Street, Woodnook, Accrington, Lancashire, England