Highly Competitive Salary + Bonus + Company Van
Location: Tarmac Reading Concrete Plant
Hours: 48 per week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our friendly Operational team. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
As the successful candidate, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of ensuring that our sites meet the legal electrical requirements while also completing development work on these assets. Key responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining a varied set of plant and equipment
- Responding to & resolving plant breakdowns
- Completing weekly and Monthly Preventative Inspections
- Owning the Electrical Maintenance System and driving its use on all the sites
- Ensuring all sites comply with relevant legislation
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and professional individual that has time served experience from working in the industrial sector as an Electrical Engineer or similar. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
- Formal recognized qualification for electrical installations and inspections, Minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum IET 17th edition and working towards 18th
- Level 4 safety qualification – IOSH/NVQ/NEBOSH
- Diagnostic and Fault finding training
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and maintain these
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) is desirable but not essential
- Full Driving License, clean.
Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/866