Early Years Funding Officer – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Early Years Funding Officer
- Job Location: Shire Hall
- Salary: £24,054 – £25,409 per annum (pro rata)
- Hours per Week: 22
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 6017
- This post is not open to job share
About the team & role
Come and be part of the rewarding Early Years Service in the Council that focuses on improving outcomes and reduce inequalities for all children aged 0-5 years within Gloucestershire. The team strives to ensure there is sufficient high quality and sustainable Early Years provision for children across the county working with the maintained, private, voluntary and independent sectors.
Your role will be to administer Nursery Education Funding payments, EY grants and provider agreements. You will audit the funding claims submitted to ensure they are accurate and not fraudulent. We must ensure families can access high quality childcare provision by accurately recording child placement information and setting details and providers complete all necessary returns and analyse data to aid planning and monitoring of provision within published time scales.
To be successful your attention to detail must be first class. You will need excellent organisational skills to allow you to prioritise workloads and ensure our service levels are maintained. We also need your customer-focused nature to help build working relationships with our stakeholders and colleagues. You will also bring your data analysis and financial skills to the team to ensure the administrative output is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
For all you hard work, you will receive the following:
- Flexible and agile work opportunities
- 25.5 days annual leave (rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service)
- An option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly employer offering benefits to help support you and your family
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular supervision
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advise for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills, desires and experience required to make a positive difference, then please submit your application and personal statement today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sue Bodenham via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4th June 2023
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email and invited to interview week commencing 19th June 2023
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Early Years Funding Officer Job Profile
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Hybrid working arrangements are available for the majority of our roles, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice, with a mix of both remote and office working.