We have an exciting opportunity working as part of a small, dedicated team based in our Distribution Centre in Wellingborough, you will support the process to produce delivery schedules for the distribution network.
The role works 5 nights between 10pm and 6am rotating over 2 weeks between Saturday to Wednesday then Sunday to Thursday.
· To produce daily delivery schedules for RSC’s using the Paragon planning tool for store deliveries, backhaul/supplier collections and trunk movements.
· To identify appropriate delivery days and times for new stores based on a standard criteria and any restrictions identified following the risk assessment of the delivery point.
· To review requests to change delivery days or times, based on a on a standard criteria.
· To maintain effective communication within the Dynamic planning team, with RSC Transport and Warehouse operations and Customer service team.
· To maintain the Paragon database and other systems controlling deliveries to stores.
Essential Qualifications Desirable Qualifications:
GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent) ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent level numeric and literacy skills
Functional Knowledge & Experience Business Knowledge & Experience
Background in planning/scheduling
Ability to work accurately in a fast moving & pressurised environment to tight deadlines
A background in distribution with transport or warehouse experience
Essential Skills Desirable Skills:
Good IT skills
Good diagnostic and problem solving skills
Experience of spreadsheet tools including Excel Ability to use a transport planning tools, ideally paragon.
Shift Hours: 40 hrs per week (Nights shift 2 week rotation 5 over 7)