Democratic Services Adviser – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Democratic Services Adviser
- Job Location: Shire Hall, Block 3, 2nd Floor
- Salary: £28,900 – £32,020 per annum
- Hours per Week: 37.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 26/05/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 5477
- This post is open to job share
“Previous applicants not apply”
About The Role
Do you have the skills to work with councillors at the heart of a local authority and administer school appeals? Your role will be much more than preparing minutes and agendas. Your activities will include co-ordinating meetings as well as providing advice to councillors, senior officers, parents and schools. You will work with partner organisations and provide a range of support services to councillors.
If you have first rate ICT skills and would enjoy working flexibly in a busy office where no two days are ever the same this could be the job for you!
For all your hard work, you will receive the following:
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service. Plus, an option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Family friendly employer offering benefits to help support you and your family.
- Career development and qualification opportunities.
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision.
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service.
- Employee discount scheme.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network.
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C’s apply).
How to apply
If you feel you have the skills, desire and experience required to make a positive difference then please submit your application and personal statement today by clicking the “Apply Now” Button.
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Job Profile – Democratic Services Adviser
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.
Hybrid working arrangements are available for the majority of our roles, giving teams the opportunity to work in a way that suits them, balancing service need and individual choice, with a mix of both remote and office working.