We are a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry. We’ve built an app with smart money management tools to help our customers live a healthier financial life.
As our customer numbers continue to grow, so does our need to hire fantastic people to serve them. Our Customer Onboarding team members are our greatest asset – representing Starling to the people, and businesses, that rely on us to help manage their financial lives. As a Customer Onboarding Team Member, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our customers have a great first experience with us, opening personal or business current accounts. If you’re able to work in an efficient way whilst making confident decisions, this could be the role for you!
Starting salary of £24,500 pro rata. This is an entry level role with a huge focus on your attention to detail and willingness to learn – you don’t need previous banking experience!
What does a day in the Onboarding team look like?
As Starling is a branchless-bank, we don’t ask customers to provide paper copies of their ID documentation or join a long physical queue to open their accounts. Our onboarding process is simple, quick and efficient. Customers can open accounts through our App by recording a quick video, filling out their personal information and uploading photos of their documentation. Your role as an Onboarding Team Member would be to review the information provided, liaise with customers through our App or via a phone call for more information and approve or decline their application. We want our customers to have a speedy onboarding experience, this means we’re looking for motivated, diligent Starlings to join our team.
After being accepted to Starling for a personal account, we get to work on our customers’ business account applications. Our App guides customers through some questions about their business – about their corporations status, the type of business that they are and information about where their customers and suppliers are. There is ample opportunity to add information or upload photos of documents that verify the business. Your role here is to explore the information provided, understand whether it fully supports the application and approve or decline the account. This requires a keen eye for detail, but also an inquisitive nature leading to confident, timely decisions.
Which team will I join?
We interview candidates based on requirements for both personal and business onboarding, after your interview we will make a decision which route is best for you based on your skills and experience.
Shifts & Working Arrangements:
We enable our customers to manage their money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whenever they need us, we will be there. We are looking for people who can commit to 25 hours per week between 5pm-10pm Monday to Sunday. You will work on a rotation so you will know your shifts in advance to help find that work life balance.
You will need to be able to commit to training on a full time basis in the office from 9am-5.30pm for 4 weeks followed by 2 weeks of part time training in the evenings from 5pm-10pm at home.
The recruitment process:
Once we have reviewed your application, if we feel you have the skills and experience for the role we will invite you to a call with a member of the Talent Acquisition team to discuss your application in more detail. After this, the final stage is a video interview with the Onboarding team where they will discuss the role, your skills and experience in more detail and answer any questions you may have about the role and what to expect!
The Onboarding team’s responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the smooth and timely processing of a high number of new business and personal account applications daily.
- Performing the necessary due diligence and investigation to satisfy the account falls within our risk appetite.
- Cross reference and confirm customer documentation, using both internal and external sources.
- Understanding and overseeing the identification of high risk applications (including PEPs and sanction matches).
- Identifying trends and unusual activity, and reporting where appropriate.
- Working to a high standard consistently, meeting strict timeframes.
- Onboarding experience within a banking environment would be highly desirable.
- This role would suit someone with a strong administrative background
- A strong desire to help customers
- Diligence – you understand the importance of doing things right first time
- Inquisitive – the ability to research and make an informed decision
- A demonstrable interest in businesses, through study or work experience, is beneficial
- Ability to balance workload and deal with multiple priorities.
- Aptitude to work with a team in a changing environment.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
- Full details are available on our careers site
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anywayWe’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes.
Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.