Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,300 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and newly opened Manchester offices.
As a Credit Risk Impairment Manager you would be responsible for interpreting the IFRS9 models output, drawing and presenting key insights to enable effective decision making and informed P&L decisions. You will play a pivotal role in our efficiency program, working with the Retail Modelling and Data & Analytics business areas to streamline, enhance and future proof our process.
Recognised as a subject matter expert in your area, your work will be varied and technically demanding. You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing our IFRS9 reporting and forecasting capabilities, driving efficiencies.
- Delivering insight into the impact of credit, environmental and economic risks on our lending portfolios.
- Develop and maintain Mortgages impairment MI and portfolio monitoring, including back-testing of modelled estimates
- Design and review of month end post model adjustments.
- Support Data Science in the implementation of changes to IFRS9 impairment models
- Perform various impact analyses into what-if scenarios, regular macroeconomic updates, and sensitivities.
- Supporting the risk oversight team (2nd line Risk function) and contributing to delivery of various governance committees on regular basis
- Liaison with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders at senior level (Finance, Data Science, Banking, Asset Management, Risk)
- Deep experience in credit risk modelling, impairment modelling, provisioning and forecasting in mortgage lending portfolios.
- Strong proficiency in Python, with hands-on experience in data manipulation, modelling, and visualisation. Additional knowledge of SQL and R would be a bonus.
- Solid understanding of regulatory requirements and industry best practices for credit risk modelling including IFRS 9
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate insight into a coherent story that drives action.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.