If you enjoy creating impactful communications for a wide variety of marketing collateral and international communication campaigns, then we want to hear from you.
Working as part of our in-house creative team, you’ll be producing a range of different copy for a global organisation that puts members at the heart of everything it does.
Our established Brand, Marketing, and Communications team are looking to welcome a new Copywriter into the fold. In this part-time position, you’ll be working 2 days a week (15 hours) in total. You would be expected to come in to the Leeds office at least once a week.
As a Copywriter, you’ll be passionate about curating powerful copy for a range of mediums and formats, including web, email, social media, videos, adverts, and print.
Working closely with the marketing executives, you’ll need to understand the needs of members all over the world and meet briefs, reflect brand positioning, and communicate this all through ideas and words to achieve campaign and communications objectives.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you will need to produce swift and accurate turnarounds, and be comfortable working alongside agencies and freelance copywriters when required to ensure deadlines are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a copywriter working on multichannel advertising and marketing campaigns
- An understanding of what makes good copy
- Passionate about writing, self-driven, solution-focused, and have a keen eye for detail
- Experience with short, medium, and long-form copywriting
- Understand the importance of consistency, house style guide, and tone of voice, and you’ll be proud to take on the role of brand guardian
- Experience working as part of a creative team in either an agency or in house role
If you’ve developed copy for international markets before, this would be a real plus, as MPS is a global organisation and supports a diverse range of members around the world, from the UK to Australia, and plenty in between.
This role may suit a freelance copywriter looking for some stability in a fantastic organisation offering a host of great benefits.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- Paid volunteering day
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered, private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.