At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Are you a passionate and dynamic Contracts Manager looking for your next role?
We are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join our fantastic team here at ‘The Hub’ in Mountsorrel, that is close to one of the largest Granite Quarry’s in Europe in Quorn, near to Loughborough in Leicestershire. This role is commutable from Loughborough, Leicester, Melton Mowbray, Grantham, Coventry, Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Rugby, Northampton, Peterborough and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you as the Contracts Manager will be required to manage Contract Supervisors across your operational regional area.
Responsibilities of the role (not exhaustive):
- Contribute to the creation of; and work closely with the Operations Manager for the effective delivery of the Area Operational Strategy
- Oversee and manage the effective allocation of resources within the program and planning of contracts
- Maintain and develop customer relationships and optimising sustainable financial contribution within set targets and in accordance with regional targets and company policy, process and procedure
- Ensure full compliance with safety and business policies and procedures
- Ensure the effective allocation of operational resources and drives best practice and continuous improvements across the Area
- Providing leadership, mentoring, guidance and direction to the Area Operations teams to ensure that all stated objectives, aims and targets are achieved
- Manage external relationships with both our customers, local authorities and governing bodies
- Secure new business opportunities in the growth of Tarmac
- Continuously review and improve methods to reduce materials and waste on site, and manage control of any remedial action required
- Contracting Methods – knowledge of contracts methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contracts
In the role you will be in liaison with stakeholders across the business, ranging from – General Managers – Commercial Managers – Quantity Surveyors – Estimators – Accounts – Production – Technical – Distribution – HR
A car / or car allowance package is available with this role and has the flexibility of Hybrid working
To be successful in this role of Contracts Manager, you as the ideal candidate will have experience in a similar position within the heavy engineering, aggregates, contracting or quarrying sector. You will also be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a global company or a similar environment as a Contracts Manager; as well as possess exemplary management, leadership, and communication skills.
- ESSENTIAL – Management Qualification – ILM / NEBS / NVQ4
- A Degree in a role related discipline would prove highly beneficial
- CSCS Qualification
- NEBOSH (desirable)
- Largely qualified by experience relating to industry standards and/or possess good Higher Education Achievement (HND/HNC Level)
Salary: Market Leading Salary + Car / Allowance + Bonus + Benefits + Private Medical
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/3529