Salary/Rate: £24,500-£27,500 dependent on experience
Full-time – Monday-Friday, Term Time only. Permanent role.
Based at Ingfield Manor School, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX
We are looking for a Conductor to be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of agreed aims and programmes for students across a department, reflecting the Conductive Education ethos of the school, and to be a member of a trans-disciplinary team. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment.
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students from age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy. In addition to supporting individuals with speech and language needs, we are one of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers. Our school is an exciting and rewarding place to work with excellent resources, including a state-of-the-art multi-sensory room and accessible woodland.
At Ingfield Manor School, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
- To develop, implement, and lead Conductive Education practice
- To implement group and individual independence programmes in collaboration with the other professionals and to be involved in associated planning and preparation and share expertise and knowledge
- To be involved in whole school training in Conductive Education, including supporting the development of Conductor Assistants
- To provide exemplary modelling of effective planning, leading and development of holistic Conductive Education practice
- To monitor, evaluate and assess pupil progress and learning in order to inform planning and identify individual needs
- To plan for dynamic learning environments and ensure the learning environment is adequately resourced to promote function, independence and application of skills
- To encourage, and be an active participant in, communication with parents and guardians
- To maintain good standards of physical and emotional care and be involved in all aspects of the pupils’ day
- To provide intimate care
- To ensure that high standards are set for the presentation, safety and hygiene of the working environment and maintenance of equipment
Ingfield Manor school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.