Could you be a Sense Community Support Worker?
It's an exciting time as Sense has just released its new strategy, we now have an opportunity for a Community Support Worker to join our Get Out There team in Kenilworth.
This is a permant post, working 8 hours every other Saturday. There is potential for you to add additional hours if desired.
As a GOT Group Support Worker you will be supporting children and young people with their social programme of activities, the children and young people do have complex needs, which may include sensory impairments, additional learning and physical disabilities and/or autism.
In this instance you will support 2 young children autism and hypertonia alongside their parents. One Saturday a month you will be joined by another support worker. Support will be a mixture of in the house and on day trips out and about to parks, theme parks, farms etc.
Does this sound right for you?
Working at Sense gives you a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays; increasing with length of service
- Free DBS Check
- Free leadership and management development (such as our award winning Growing Stronger Leaders Together programme)
- Free access to over 100 online and face to face training including the care certificate.
- On-going development opportunities
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Employee referral scheme
- Health and well-being support
- Pension Scheme
- Discount scheme
Your duties can include:
- To support individuals / groups within the centre and community.
- To provide a customised, responsive and high quality service to people with multiple sensory impairments, physical and/or learning disabilities who use Sense services.
- To deliver services which meet or exceed organisational expectations and standards.
- Full job specification is attached below.
Your required skills and experiences:
- You don’t need to have previous experience in this field, nor do you need qualifications – we’re happy to work with you to help you become an excellent support worker.
- A full UK licence with use of your own vehicle is required.
- Knowledge of multi sensory impairments / learning difficullties is beneficial.
- Full person specification is attached below.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Work at Sense can be demanding and so isn’t for everyone, but it is also incredibly rewarding and valuable. Take a look at the video below to see why we do what we do.