Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given protected time to complete your course work. When you’ve finished, we’ll help you in your next steps.
Apprenticeship Job Role:
The postholder is responsible for providing support to the Commissioning Officer for Children and Families within the Children’s Services’ Commissioning Team. This includes carrying out tasks to support contract monitoring of commissioned services, involving administration and arrangement of meetings, producing meeting notes and action logs, gathering and analysing service performance data, and updating contract spreadsheets.
The postholder will also help to facilitate stakeholder workshops and consultation and engagement exercises, under the supervision of the Commissioning Officer. They will also assist with updating information on commissioned services published on the Council’s Loop system.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the production and analysis of commissioning and service data, including data on activity, demand, performance, and service need to support decisions on future planning and delivery/commissioning of services.
- Supports with the production of briefing reports by feeding in data and analysed information relevant to the services being reviewed. Uses accurate data in spreadsheet, table and graph formats.
- Provides general support to the Commissioning Officer, including:
- Accurately recording contract values and payments due on financial systems, including for invoice payments;
- Arranging and taking notes and action logs at contract monitoring and commissioning meetings and workshops;
- Assisting in the set up and facilitation of stakeholder workshops, engagement and consultation exercises;
- Keeping contract spreadsheets up to date with accurate information, including contract values, contract dates, and any risks or under-performance identified as part of the routine contract monitoring.
- Assists in updating the Council’s Loop systems with information, including information on services and the interpreting and translating services.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand both Councils’ duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
You will have:
- Basic keyboard skills, use of Microsoft Office, email & Outlook Calendar and the internet
- Good communication skills, including the ability to take and give simple messages, to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a range of people and to take down telephone messages clearly and accurately
- Good interpersonal skills and proven experience of dealing effectively, politely and diplomatically with people, both face-to-face and on the telephone.
- Able to understand & respect the importance of confidentiality, both within & outside the workplace
- Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with colleagues in a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual & the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- An understanding of the importance of equality and diversity and health and safety in the workplace
The successful candidate will be surrounded by experienced staff who will provide close support.
You will be working towards a Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard. If you do not hold GCSE A-C/9-4 in maths and English then you will be required to undertake the Functional Skills Level 2.
For more detail please see the attached Job Specification and Person Specification.
- Must be 16 or over
- Must have lived or worked in the UK/EU for the last 3 years
- Must not be enrolled in full-time education or enrolled on any other funded courses.
Interested in finding out more or looking to apply, please email your CV to Jackie Brown:
Please do not apply through the website – we are only accepting CV’s via email.