In a Nutshell
Latymer – Pennyhill Park’s fine dining restaurant offering bold flavours in dishes using locally sourced ingredients inspired by the seasons. Awarded a Michelin star for 2021 and 4 AA Rosettes, you can experience exquisite tasting menus for dinner.
Head Chef Steve Smith is widely regarded as one of the most inventive and gifted chefs of his generation. Renowned for his modern British cooking, founded on using the finest seasonal ingredients available. Steve has held a Michelin star for the last twenty years, also earning Five AA Rosettes, 8/10in the Waitrose Good Food Guide and winning a Catey Award for Chef of the Year in 2014.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Waiter/ess to join the front of house restaurant team and help deliver these amazing dishes.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Commis Waiter/ess will be responsible for…
- Prepare and equip the restaurant and private dinning room ready for service.
- Support and assist the restaurant team with the delivery of food from the kitchen to the appropriate section
- Clear trays and plates from tables.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Commis de Rang will have;
- Basic food and drink knowledge
- Positive, can do attitude
- Flexibility to work shift patterns
- Ability to work in a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to multi task
- A professional and proactive approach to guest service
- Immaculate presentation at all times
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 29 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and committed to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.