Salary: £10.50 – £10.50
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Experience in managing catering operations of a similar scale
- Strong cooking abilities in a commercial setting
- Prior experience of school catering is advantageous
- Good commercial acumen with the ability to carefully control costs and maintain profit margins whilst delivering a high standard of service
- Experience of leading and training a high-performing team
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- to plan, supervise, deliver and present the food as per the Lufthansa Lounge specification.
- Interact with customers by explaining the food on offer. Gauge needs and make recommendations to meet the exact needs of the Lufthansa Lounge customers.
- Ensure that all customers are afforded a highest quality of service through continuous improvement to product and services. Constantly seek customer feedback and opportunities to develop the lounge product and communicate such in a concise manner to Lufthansa personnel.
- Responsible for the presentation of all food and beverage, ensuring quality, quantity are consistently monitored, maintained and display is as per set specification.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all food and beverage items are properly maintained and replenished regularly as required and in accordance with food and safety standards. Control and monitor hygiene standards as per HACCAP.
- Provide training and guidance to service staff on the presentation and display of food.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene, as well as housekeeping standards in the lounge food services areas and kitchen are adhered to, as per company policy.
- Ensure all food orders are completed daily to ensure sufficient supplies of food stocks and at all times.
- Ensure that at the end of each service the kitchen is cleaned down and ready for the following shift.
- Ensure that back of house is kept clean and tidy at all times, including fridge and freezers and other store areas.
- Ensure that all products stored or displayed are date coded, stock rotated and labelled correctly using the shelf life rule.
- Ensure that sufficient preparation is completed for the following shift.
- Interact with Lounge customers to gain feedback on service and product. Communicate finding to Lounge Supervisor / Lounge Manager in a timely manner. Liaise with Sodexo for any irregularities and other important information that impact the lounge operations.
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised, and wear the supplied uniform garments at all times when on duty.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S & F&S documentation for example cleaning schedules and temperature records are signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift’s rosta.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested.
- Chef experience
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
Location: Heathrow Airport – Terminals 2 & 3, England