Salary: paid monthly
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Comply with Sodexo procedures and policies.
- Comply with Health and safety, Fire Safety and Food Safety Legislation.
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas, working areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- To attend all training sessions as required
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
- To use all chemicals within the working environment safely and effectively according to company and statutory regulations (COSHH)
- To attend to any reasonable request by management
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Willing to work in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Willing to work with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
Location: Exeter, England