Job Title: Commercial Category Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a commercial/ buying role? Would you enjoy the pace and energy of a retail environment which is collaborative, down to earth, fun and inclusive where people feel part of a winning team?
Wickes are a leading multichannel retailer and we’re looking for a Commercial Category Assistant to join our established team. This is a genuine opportunity to develop into a career in a commercial role. You’ll be responsible for supporting our category teams on all aspects of our products’ journeys – from their original source anywhere in the world, right through to the shelves in our stores.
Activities within the role are varied, but this role offers direct experience within the Customer and Category Teams, providing the opportunity to learn all the skills required to develop into a Category manager of the future.
Don’t worry if you don’t have specific commercial experience – if you have an interest in a career in commercial / buying, enjoy an environment where no day is the same, a ‘can-do’ attitude, attention to detail, strong communication skills alongside good numeracy – it is those core skills that we are looking for coupled with the drive and ambition to make a difference.
* Provide administration to the Commercial team to drive sales, maximise profit and achieve stock and sales targets
* Assist in listing, managing and developing product ranges and promotional offers
* Maintain the online store copy, images and information for a seamless customer experience
* Monitor competitor activity
* Ideally you will have some retail ‘shop floor’ experience and some buying administration experience
* Ability to multitask and prioritise workload alongside good time management
* Strong numeracy and administration skills – Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word or Google equivalents essential
* Attention to detail with a right first-time attitude
* Great communication skills whether face to face, telephone or email
* Collaborative team working and relationship building
* Positive attitude, motivated and enthusiastic with an entrepreneurial attitude & way of thinking
* Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
What can we offer you?
You’ll be supported with fantastic learning and development and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career with us.
We’ll also equip you with a benefits package that includes:
Contributory pension scheme
Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers, savings on gym membership, cycle to work scheme
Our widely recognised wellbeing strategy is something we’re proud of at Wickes. As part of this, we offer a range of health and wellbeing benefits and support, including an Employee Assistance Programme, financial education & loans, and access to parental, menopause and fertility support.
You’ll be based from our Support Centre in Watford, where our Commercial team are located, along with our other support functions. We recognise the value of bringing our teams together to collaborate, support each other and build on our amazing culture. We are also encouraging our teams to work flexibly, with a blend of remote / office working.
Wickes is a multi-channel retailer operating in the home improvement market. With 40 years in industry, Wickes now generates revenue in excess of £1.3Bn across 230 stores delivered by 8,000+ colleagues.
But it is the Wickes’ culture that is considered its best kept secret; it’s a collaborative, down to earth, fun and inclusive environment where people feel part of a winning team. All our colleagues come from different backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a determination to succeed and a passion for being the best we can be. If that sounds like you, we’ll make you feel right at home.