Salary: €40000 – €45000
Shift hours: Full Time
To be the main point of contact for Sodexo catering on site in J&J Deputy B1 & B2. The Chef manager is responsible for the carrying out of the day-to-day duties to the highest possible standard within the catering department
Rise with Sodexo
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Delivery of a consistent level of service, within the Company’s standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- Compliance to company and statutory regulations and training relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, food hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH
- Ensure the standards across the sites are in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and KPI’s specified in the service contract
- Work in the kitchen assisting in the daily preparation of food, making inroads & innovations into creating food concepts, promotions, healthy eating and sustainable options
- Dealing effectively with all catering requests and special functions in addition to daily services
- Liaise with Chefs and Management on all food service issues
- Plan and cost menus to meet the food service offer specified in the contract using Recipe Online / Drive to ensure compliance with fixed food cost. Ensure compliance with menu planning, ordering and stock control procedures — ordering from Sodexo nominated suppliers.
- Carry out craft training to improve production skills within the unit to ensure emphasis on healthy eating, presentation and promotions.
- Ensure that control of raw materials and portions are to the company’s standards and that food is served at the correct temperatures.
- Ensure the stock is received and checked in correctly, checking goods against invoice for quantity and quality and ensuring temperature records are maintained.
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the “first in, first out” rule and comply with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all costs and expenditure is within the budgeted levels agreed between the client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases and stock as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Ensure that the areas under your control are always left clean and tidy and ensure cleaning rotas are in place.
- Ensure that all catering equipment within the kitchens are in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management / client and facility technicians. Ensure they are rectified, and equipment is not used until safe.
- Ensure that both kitchen and stores are safe and secure at all times.
- Ensure that the temperature of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards / serveries are monitored and recorded in line with company regulations and the Food Safety Act, ensure all areas comply with HACCP.
- Manage the central production unit to ensure all food is produced safely and to the required standards with the correct documentation in place.
- Ensuring the quality of the food is to the highest standard and consistent across both buildings.
- Managing deliveries between buildings ensuring all food is transported safely and on time.
- Ensure there is adequate cover in the kitchen at all times, plan work schedules according to skills
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring, and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service which Sodexo provide.
- Comply with all Sodexo company policies / procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Assist at any special ad hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible, always following company procedure and informing Line Manager.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities and take the appropriate action.
- Carry out any reasonable request by management.
- Initiate a process of continuous improvement by undertaking company promotions and extraordinary merchandising initiatives to ensure the profitable growth of the contract.
- Proven track record in similar role, preferably with at least 2 years’ experience
- Good knowledge of a service industry and the importance of customer service
- Proven ability to organise tasks
- Ability to carry out duties efficiently
- 7061/7062 or equivalent certificate in professional cookery
- Excellent people skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Microsoft Office package
- Practical experience in a similar role
- Measured and consistent approach to all functions and responsibilities.
- IOSH certificate
- HACCP training for supervisors / supervising food safety certificate
- Previous experience in managing large teams and general knowledge in good H.R practices
Location: DePuy Synthes, Loughbeg, Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork, Ireland