Shift hours: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Chef Manager to join the team at one of our Royal Mail units based in Gatwick. It is a moderately busy unit with time for you to develop within your new role. You’ll have a very supportive team working with you and you will also have the support of your area unit manager and colleagues.
For the right Chef Manager, we are offering a competitive salary & benefits, a supportive management system, a trained and enthusiastic team and the opportunity to work for a company that embraces new ideas and a training and development culture. Along with fantastic training and development machines to help you progress your career with Compass.
As the Chef Manager, you will oversee the running of the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. To manage and oversee the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets.
You will be providing catering services to a well-known courier company. You will be responsible for 3 team members, and you will be working 40 hours per week Monday-Friday.
- Previous Catering Management experience
- Proven track record of fantastic people management skills
- Former assistant manager or supervisory experience
- Financial awareness to complete weekly business returns
- Motivated to deliver consistently high standards of food and service quality
- Friendly and approachable, with the management skills to develop and manage a team
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Computer literate