Salary: £9.64 – £9.64
Shift hours: Full Time
Responsible for providing all activities associated in relation to Central Quartermaster Services as part of the team, ensuring:
- Standards of service detailed in the Service Standard Statement (SSS), associated authority regulations and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for the assigned operational business area.
- Deliver contracted output via both Sodexo and MOD IT operational systems.
- Support the Warehouse and Distribution Senior Storekeepers as requested.
- Daily undertaking of assigned tasks in supporting the distribution and warehouse team deliver required delivery outputs and associated tasks.
- As a trained MJDI Material Accountant (MA) you are required to perform the following tasks:
(1) Demand processing and management.
(2) Issue and receipt of items
(4) Maintenance of records for item with and without NSNs,
(5) Management of records for items held in Articles in Use (AinU) and items held as stock (SAFI)
- Support with the availability, serviceability and movement of all Garrison RQMS held unit stores.
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships.
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required.
- To maintain professional work standards at all times.
- To care for all Company and Authority used equipment and ensure that any faults are reported to management.
- Deliver the logistic output in accordance with MOD regulations and procedures.
- To continually monitor all Health and Safety standards in all service operations and ensure they are maintained at the required level.
- To report unsafe behaviours, near misses and accidents/incidents to management in a timely manner to support our ‘Zero Harm’ culture.
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external network (both Sodexo and MOD).
- Continued professional learning and development in warehouse and distribution.
- Support with the delivery of adhoc service contracts such as; pest control, laundry & dry cleaning, tailoring and cobbling services as requested.
- Support the team in the successful passing of all internal and external audits.
- Leave blank for local additions
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management.
- Practical numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Welfare in the workplace.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in working effectively as part of a team.
- Must be customer service focussed.
- Previous experience of working within the sphere of military Logistic with a working knowledge of the military stores accounting system MJDI (Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory) at Material Accountant (MA) level.
- Proven experience of managing customer relationships in a warehouse environment.
- BPSS clearance.
Location: Colchester Garrison, Merville Barracks, Circular Road South, Colchester, England