The primary objectives of this role is to provide a quality, market leading and customer orientated conference and banqueting service to our non-matchday clients. Along with providing the highest level of service to our Hospitality clients on Matchdays.
The Catering Operations Manager must ensure the smooth planning and delivery of a first class service whilst managing business needs and performance standards.
Act as a brand custodian for the Hospitality & conference and banqueting product offered at the Twickenham Stoop, whilst striving to deliver market leading initiatives. Keep abreast of market trends and competitor performance. Take ownership and responsibility for the stadium to include all Bars, back of house and storage areas. To be responsible for achieving and where possible exceeding budget. Achieving all operational and service objectives for C & E and Hospitality, as outlined within our overall strategic plan.
As a HOD the Catering Operations Manager will greatly contribute towards the development of our Catering and Events offer ensuring we remain a market leader in these areas.
- Acknowledge and promptly respond to all customer (i.e. suppliers, managers, clients and colleagues) queries in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ensure that every opportunity is taken to “up sell” to our customers subject to the profile of the event/show.
- Ensure the first class presentation of all areas of responsibility on site.
- To provide direct liaison with client, customer and catering teams to ensuring clear communications of each party’s needs and expectations.
- Ensure all location employees consistently demonstrate customer care, selling techniques, merchandising skills and a knowledge of current promotions.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of food and beverage, operate with a focus on innovation, standards and market awareness.
- Demonstrate and share best working practices in all duties, and comply with company policies and procedures
- Lead by example and ensure members of the team wear the correct, full and clean uniform whilst on duty. Actively address all issues in relation to non-adherence of company standards.
- Ensure all maintenance issues and hazards are dealt with in line with company policy/practice.
- Be aware of and adhere to legal and company regulations relating to the following areas: Health & Safety at Work, Food Hygiene, Fire Regulations, Licensing Law, Sales of Goods / Trading Standards
- Ensure effective staffing levels are implemented throughout the catering operation whether that be Conference and Banqueting or Match day Hospitality, to providie excellent customer service within the agreed standard and financial targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for attention detail.
- Builds good working relationships with all stakeholders and delivers a service that exceeds expectations. Relationships are characterised by a high level of acceptance, co-operation and mutual respect.
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances by being flexible. To not only accept change but to seek it out. Value different perspectives and ideas.
- Adheres to a strong set of moral, ethical and professional principles which shows soundness of personal character, honesty and truthfulness. Takes personal responsibility and accountability
- A real “people” person, with rounded leadership and planning skills, with a capacity to grow and develop into new areas of expertise as required
- Well versed in clarifying client and customer requirements
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Keeps abreast of market trends and competitor performance.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft and CRM products
- Personal Licence Holder
- A key innovative leader, who must interact effectively across client and operational functions, to lead the team to superior operational and business performance.
- Attend all regular meetings and ensure that relevant information is cascaded as appropriate.
- Through the required process and procedure of performance management ensure professional and objective – recruitment, induction, training, development, appraisals and disciplinary and grievance handling.
- Through team meetings and briefings ensure regular, clear and concise communication at all levels within the operation.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company regulations relating to the following areas: Health & Safety, COSHH, Food Hygiene, Fire Regulation, Licensing law, Trading Standards & Employment law
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I