Salary: Depending On Experience
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Catering Manager to join our team on site. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To organise and lead the preparation and presentation of all meals service at the required times and to the required high standard.
- To ensure that the Company and Statutory Regulations pertaining to the safe and hygienic operation of the kitchen and ancillary areas are adhered to by all members of staff and visitors in the absence of management.
- To manage menu planning, rotas, orders, and receiving, checking and storing deliveries as requested. To complete the menu purchase planner and recipe cards for all main meals.
- To ensure all staff are working hygienically at all times.
- To assist the Manager to recruit, support, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit within the procedure laid down by the company. To keep records of any disciplinary issues and keep the District Manager and Human Resources Manager informed of these.
- To take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchen, store, office and any other areas under Sodexo control.
- To assist as may be required from time to time with the services and cleaning down of the unit.
- To assist the Management to monitor the performance of staff and provide training and coaching as necessary.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention. Ensure care is taken with regards to special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To carry out any reasonable request by management.
- Organise and prepare any special functions which may sometimes be outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
Location: 2SFG Carlisle, Brunel House, Brunel Way, Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom