Salary: £38,000pa – £44,000pa pro rata + great benefits
Shift hours: Part Time
We are currently recruiting for a Dietitian to join our Healthcare segment at Chesterfield Royal Hospital. This is an excellent opportunity where you will be part of a great team and have lots of flexibility as you strive to improve nutritional standards for patients. In this role you will provide in-house nutrition and dietetics expertise which includes reviewing and drawing on current research, guidelines and good practice. Your excellent communication skills will be key to your success as you develop effective strategic working relationships with Trust Dietitians, Speech and Language Therapists and facilities services, as well as the Sodexo Healthcare team to advise and implement changes on matters relating to food/ hydration.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Support with the provision of safe, nutritious and cost-effective food for all patient groups across the hospital.
- Advise Sodexo and Chesterfield Royal Hospital of relevant nutrition and dietetics issues; providing in-house nutrition and dietetics expertise. Actively keep abreast of current research, best practice and trends in nutrition and dietetics, both clinically and as applied to food and beverage services, using this to underpin and maintain a CPD portfolio
- To keep up to date on all relevant nutritional and monitoring standards, including those set by the Care Quality Commission (and equivalent monitoring bodies throughout the UK), British Dietetic Association (BDA) and the Department of Health. ..
- Work collaboratively alongside the in-house special diet team to apply existing standards to develop and assess recipes and menus, including therapeutic and modified texture diets.
- Assist with menu reviews, ensuring that the nutritional content of the menus meet national standards and guidelines, by undertaking accurate nutritional analysis of recipes/menus.
- Monitor and evaluate contract standards in relation to dietetics
Contribute new ideas for product development and identify gaps in current ranges
- Develop and effective strategic working relationship with the Sodexo patient dining team, suppliers and their dietitians as well as contract specific dietitians, ensuring best practice is shared and disseminated as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Trust on Nutritional Care and Hydration policies and support with initiatives relating to dementia care and other nutrition focused patient care
- Develop a web of influence outside of Sodexo, including but not limited to; BDA, the BDA Food Services Specialist Group (FSSG) and the Hospital Caterers Association (HCA)
- Help produce customer literature and collateral – e.g. brochures, picture menu’s
- Seek feedback from customers through surveys and consultation projects
- Attend relevant meetings within the Trust (e.g. nutritional steering group meetings, dietetic meetings etc)
- To provide diet and education training to Sodexo/ Trust staff
- A HCPC UK Registered Dietitian (valid Health Professions Council number) and evidences regular CPD activities
- Member of the BDA
- Member of BDA FSSG
- Member of the HCA
- Consistent sound and relevant dietetics experience, some of which has been within the NHS
- Previous exposure to working as a dietitian within the food service or food manufacturing industry
- Experience of reviewing menus based on cook-chill and cook-freeze catering systems
- Food safety knowledge and understanding
- Trained in public relations and / or media skills
- High level of confidence and knowledge in nutrition and dietetics and keeps abreast of current trends and research in food services and relevant aspects of clinical dietetics
- Competence in the use of nutritional analysis software and data accuracy in nutritional analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management and high level of organisation
- Motivated and self-disciplined
- Effective presentation skills
- Able to meet deadlines and targets in a timely and effective way
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent English language writing skills
- Ability to be a successful team player as well as working autonomously as the role requires
- Flexible and able to respond to last minute requests
Location: Chesterfield, England