At Dignity, we are always seeking caring and empathetic individuals to join our ceremonial and private ambulance driver teams, working with us on a casual basis. You don’t need experience, just a strong desire to wish to help people in your local community, enjoy working as part of a team, be physically able to carry out manual handling duties, be comfortable around the deceased, and hold a full UK driving license.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Drive a limousine or hearse on the day of the funeral following pre-planned routes and timescales, providing a professional and empathetic chauffeur service at all times
- Working as part of a team with the bearing of the coffin into the place of service
- Always maintain excellent standards of vehicle cleanliness and operating efficiency.
- Support with the movements of the deceased from the place of death into our funeral homes, places of worship, private residence, and any other third-party premises, organising relevant documentation, and dealing with third parties.
What Do I Need?
- A full UK driving license
- Good level of physical fitness, as this role will involve heavy lifting duties
- The necessary documentation for a basic DBS, reference & driving license check.
- Pride in your appearance, ensuring you are always professional
What Do I Get?
- Flexible hours that work around other work/life commitments
- £10.94 per hour + out of hours ancillary payments
- Full company uniform
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays
If you are interested in learning more about Dignity Plc, please feel free to visit our website at https://www.dignityfunerals.co.uk. Alternatively, to be considered for this role, please submit your application via the ‘apply’ button, where a member of our resourcing team will review your application.
Dignity Plc retains the right to close this vacancy early without prior notification, so it is advisable to complete your application at the earliest opportunity.
Please note that this role is subject to meeting regulatory requirements. As an FCA-regulated organisation, we are committed to adopting the highest standards and we do this by employing individuals with the appropriate skills, experience and integrity to protect both the company and our clients. If you are considered for a role, you will be providing your permission for us to conduct the relevant checks and assessments that will be carried out during the recruitment and onboarding process. The nature of the checks will depend on whether the role is subject to the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR).
Please note in accordance with our pre-employment checks, all roles will require a criminal record check and further enhanced checks may apply.
Certain roles will be subject to ongoing checks in line with the Group SMCR Framework (Fit & Proper Policy). Further details will be explained to you throughout the recruitment process.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Our Vision is to connect with our clients, colleagues, company and communities based on our principles whilst celebrating our differences.
We aim to empower leaders and colleagues to seek out and understand new voices and perspectives; to be vocal about inequity and exclusion, and take decisive, informed and bold action to promote inclusion and belonging.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.