We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
Thackley Green Specialist Care Centre is a versatile and multi-purpose unit based in Great Oakley, Corby, with a welcoming environment where people can receive high quality and compassionate support to enable them to return to their own homes. The environment is well maintained, with communal lounges and dining areas in addition to inviting bedrooms, each with its own spacious private bathroom facilities including accessible walk-in showers.
There are landscaped enclosed gardens surrounding the Centre. Thackley Green Specialist Care Centre is designed to offer a range of short-term services including reablement, rehabilitation and respite, for adults over 65.
Professional support is provided by a committed and passionate Multi-Disciplinary Team including Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Care Managers, and Reablement Support Workers who develop individualised programmes that promote independence and reablement by utilising strength-based strategies and therapeutic resources including a therapy kitchen and gym for assessments.
What will you be doing?
As a Care & Support Assistant, you’ll support those in the local community who may be living with a mental or a physical disability. You’ll give them whatever level of support they need – from helping them to choose the right outfit to delivering personal care including washing them or brushing their teeth. You’ll get to know our residents by talking to them. You’ll help with their medication, mealtimes, organising and taking part in activities and generally ensuring all those we support are living their best lives.
- The role involves working closely as part of a Team to provide, practical, personal, and emotional support to people that have a range of complex high individual support needs, learning difficulties, physical disabilities and health and social care needs.
- To apply for this role, you require a satisfactory enhanced DBS.
- The ability to assist to manoeuvre people as required, using levels of physical effort is essential.
- You will need the ability to cope under pressure, work flexibly, be reliable and patient.
- Having a sound understanding of good care principles, sensitivity and discretion is an important part of the role.
- The role will include showing respect for people’s different backgrounds and understand how this may affect the way their care and support is best provided.
Shifts of 24 or 36 hours between7.45am – 8.15pm with alternate weekends (Sunday enhancements).
- People can rely on me
- I really care about others
- I like to help people
- I enjoy being active
- I’m a good listener
- I can understand how others feel
- I’m a practical type of person
- I’m observant
If you can say yes to the statements above – we’d love to hear from you.
You don’t need previous experience in social care, or qualifications, we will provide all the training and support you need to give you the skills and confidence be able to care for our residents.
Career development and training opportunities
Our team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job. We are committed to career development and have a variety of career pathways, for those who want to progress or specialise
All new starters are required to complete the Care Certificate, if not already completed previously, alongside mandatory training within their induction period. Courses are updated throughout your employment.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.