Are you a morning person?
We are recruiting a team of morning Carers to join the Jewish Care team.
You'll work our 8am – 2pm shift, and you'll earn the London Living Wage. We'll agree with you what days you can work, and guarantee an average of 21 hours per week over the month. And once you are fully trained there will be opportunities for overtime.
The role is for 6 / 9 months to begin with and you'll work the first 3 months from our Stella & Harry Freedman home. After that there will be opportunities to work at our other Care homes.
Always awake before the alarm? … apply now
The role of Care Assistant is based on a rota basis which may include evening and weekend shifts. This is a pivotal position to help ensure our residents live a meaningful life and feel involved within their community.
The role of Care Assistant will involve the delivery of Care Services within our Care Homes to excellent standards.
What you will be doing
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work as a Care Assistant in our friendly and dedicated team. This is a key role supporting residents. You will:
- Assist residents with personal care, food and drink and administering medication
- Support residents in all activities of daily living to maximise wellbeing and promote choice, independence, and dignity
- Provide encouragement and companionship by engaging with residents and other stakeholders
- Support with recreational activities
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or willingness to be trained)
- Be naturally compassionate and able to demonstrate integrity, through treating our residents fairly and with respect
- Have a willingness to undertake all aspects of care to meet the physical, emotional, and social needs of our residents
- Ability to work shifts (including weekends and evenings)