Shift hours: Full Time
Assisting with the safe operation and maintenance of the building within the hospital site.
Assisting the building team to carry out a wide range of work, ensuring planned preventative maintenance (PPM) Statutory, Routine and Reactive, Fire door and compartmentation compliance .Work is carried out within the confines of the PFI contract and ensuring compliance with Sodexo and the Trust safety standards and procedures within the contractual time lines and KPI’s.
- To work in hazardous areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment
- Provide assistance and support including liaison with building contractors appointed on Maintenance tasks, capital projects and minor upgrade works.
- To support liaison with subcontractors regarding plant or equipment
- Work overtime to assist in emergency repairs as required by management.
- At all times to carry Trust/Sodexo communication devices (Tablets/ mobile phones etc) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Fire Door Training
- Fire Door Compartmentation Training
- BM Trada Training
- Part of the Gritting / Snow Clearing Team
- General Housekeeping ie: sweeping / clearing
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to inter-trade flexibility
- Provide such flexibility as necessary to cover emergency works.
- Observe all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Use Sodexo’s CAFM system for work processing and monitoring of Estates Maintenance procedures.
- Have the ability and willingness to work across all trades within the sphere of their competency and under guidance from others if outside this.
- Liaising with the Client, Helpdesk, contractors, Clinical nursing staff and heads of departments regarding work requests, information & planning.
- Provide support information and assistance to the management team as requested
- Provide such flexibility as necessary with a can-do attitude
- Convey a professional image of the Estates department to the client whilst encouraging and maintaining good working relationships with all users of the Estates service
(Duration, Type of level or experience)
- Experience of working in a trade based or engineering environment
- Good verbal, numerate and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an Acute Hospital environment.
- IT knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of: –
- Health and safety legislation
- Statutory PPM compliance
Skills, knowledge and aptitude
(Relevant to the post)
- Willing to attend specialist training courses.
- Able to communicate with people on a range of matters.
- Able to develop own skills and knowledge and provide information to others to help their development.
- Can promote, monitor and maintain best practice in health, safety and security.
- Able to contribute to the improvement of services and quality.
- Able to support equality and value diversity.
- Ability to work without constant supervision.
- Adaptable to change
- Fire Door and Compartmentation certified
- BM Trada trained.
(Social skills necessary, disposition)
- Capable of working in a demand driven service.
- Communication at all levels within the organisation
- Working to deadlines.
(Un-social hours, heavy duties)
- Availability for undertaking overtime.
- Provide additional cover at short notice in the event of sickness and absence within the team.
- Able and willing to undertake Emergency Situation repairs.
- Satisfactory attendance record
- Satisfactory health check
Location: Romford, England