Pick Everard are looking for a dynamic new Bid Manager to join our flourishing Bid Hub in Leicester!
This is our central team responsible for tender management across our 15 offices and over 650 staff. The new Bid Manager will play an important role in helping Pick Everard to achieve its strategic growth targets – helping the practice to create high quality, successful tender responses.
The role will offer you end to end management of some of our most important bids and allow you to strategically drive the content in them. We are a multi-disciplinary business offering design and management services to our clients, so you can expect to be interacting with architects, engineers, surveyors and project managers. These specialists are heavily bought into the bid process and will give you the time and engagement to support your bids.
This role will suit an ambitious, driven individual, who is looking to take the next important step forward in their bidding career.
Do you have strong experience within a bidding team, managing multiple, complex bids?
Do you want to work as part of a friendly, knowledgeable and supportive team?
Are you looking to take a step up in your career, to work as part of a thriving, multi-disciplinary, national consultancy?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we want to hear from you!
- Responsibility for excellent understanding of the complete internal bid management process and systems
- Manage allocated bids, including implementing the Bids and Proposals Procedure, collating and checking content and bid team inputs
- Recognise the need for supply chain input and oversee the progression
- Accurately assess timescales and estimate the resources required to execute a proposal and develop/manage proposal strategies
- Identify appropriate bid writers and technical contributors to support bids
- Design and complete storyboards and bid plans and brief relevant contributors
- Actively research gaps in intelligence and manage appropriate plans
- Write technical and non-technical bid responses
- Understand fully the review process and implement on tenders
- Contribute to the improvement of the bid process within Pick Everard
The successful candidate will be experienced within a Bid Team, and looking for a new opportunity within a growing business.
- Experienced Bid Manager or Bid Writer looking to step up
- APMP Foundation qualification is highly desirable
- A good understanding of the construction and property industry
- Ability to manage a team
- Ability to manage own time with multiple tasks and within deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and proactive approach
- Drive to win and succeed
At Pick Everard, we work together to make the extraordinary a reality. We are looking for exceptional new talent to be a part of our journey as we move forward through our ambitious five-year Business Plan.
We are an independent award-winning property and construction consultancy firm, operating within the industry, providing complete integrated service delivery to help our clients deliver better solutions across real estate, infrastructure and the natural environment.
We are at the forefront of the industry and enjoy a culture that is centered around being creative, professional, compassionate, client-oriented and fun.
Our recent successes include:
- Listed as an NCE100 Consultancy and AJ100 Practice
- Named a Top 150 Consultancy by Building Magazine
- Recognised as a leading Financial Times Consultancy
- Winners of the Association of Consulting Engineers (ACE) Awards, Best Business Performance of the Year – Large Consultancy
- Winners at the RICS Awards – Infrastructure category
- An Investors in People and Investors in Excellence accredited business
- Winners at the Enterprising Women Awards
Through our remarkable history we have already established the sound principles of success and we have the vision and ambition to be even better, as we move forward into a very bright future. We’re growing and we need more experts onboard. Join us and we will provide you with an inspiring environment in which you’ll be able to drive real progress and impact in your career.
To learn more about why it is good to work here please visit our website and follow us on social media. Be part of it.
Remuneration and Benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community, and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation. We are also a responsible employer and Investors in People accredited business.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Childcare benefits
- Enhanced Adoption & Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Long service awards – including enhanced annual leave and vouchers
- Annual Being PickEverard awards
- Staff Discount Scheme
- Spot Rewards
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan at senior level
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support and Employee Assistance Programme
Please note we do not accept speculative CVs or approaches from recruitment agencies.
As an equal opportunities’ employer, Pick Everard is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us on our journey.