Salary: 10.75 per hour
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Steward to join our team – Days are split between Housekeeping/Laundry and Bar. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivaled opportunities for career progression.
- To maintain a tidy appearance and professional conduct at all times.
- To monitor and maintain all areas of responsibility to the set standard of cleanliness within the timeframe given, complying at all times with standards laid down in the work schedule.
- To service all rooms after customer departure as directed. Completing an inventory of the room, immediately communicating any deficiencies or damage to reception
- To follow COSHH regulations when using chemicals and ensure economic use of these at all times.
- To immediately report defective equipment in the maintenance log.
- To maintain a safe system of work within the Company Health and Safety Procedures laid down.
- To assist Housekeepers and colleagues with departmental responsibilities once duties are completed.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
- To maintain high standards of personal, operational hygiene and presentation. Conduct must remain professional at all times.
- To provide a professional service of wines, spirits, beers and associated products ensuring accurate measures and charges. Waiting time for customers should be kept to a minimum.
- To take responsibility for cash and stock whilst on shift ensuring that they are controlled at all times. Security Procedures must be followed. To cash up after each shift in strict adherence to company policy.
- Maintain temperature checks of all fridges and coolers.
- To assist the manager in stocktaking.
- To take part in functions as required.
- To stock up bar from the store.
- To ensure the correct use, storage and control of machinery, equipment, cleaning materials and chemicals, ensuring that you follow safe methods of work at all times.
- Immediate reporting of any defects to your line manager.
- Ensure that the bar area maintains a high level of cleanliness by strict adherence to the cleaning roster and effective clearance ensuring that the bar environment is free from debris and dirty glasses at all times.
- To ensure that glasses are checked for cleanliness before use, dirty glasses are cleared regularly.
- To comply with Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations.
- It is a requirement that all bar staff act with utmost discretion at all times and act in a professional manner. If there are any concerns reference Mess Members behaviour inform your line manager immediately do not try to deal with a situation yourself.
- Maintenance of the company Quality Control Procedures.
- To develop your own skills within the scope of this position.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Basic level training in COSHH regulations.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the cleaning specifications relating to the various types of surfaces to be cleaned and to have received training in cleaning techniques and the use of industrial cleaning equipment
- Previous experience in catering, hospitality and housekeeping
- Understanding of food hygiene and customer service
- Excellent customer service skills
- First class communication skills and demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate great team work and Multi task
- Basic knowledge of health & safety
- Good knowledge of beverage service and associated products
- Polite and courteous manner
Location: shetland, Scotland