Team spirit, wide-ranging rewards and huge career opportunities: that’s what you can expect when you join Motorpoint. We believe that happy teams make happy customers, and that’s what drives our business. With new branches opening around the UK and digital transformation underway, our approach is working. Join us and help make car buying easy. We’re firing on all cylinders.
The Role – Autocare Trainee Technician
- Location: Sheffield
- Contract type: Fixed Contract (18 months)
- Salary: £7.50 per hour
- Hours – 42.5 hrs, Full Time 5 days out of 7 on a rota – weekend working will be required
*This role requires you to have a valid Provisional UK driving license
Our Apprentice Trainee Technicians are key to our business growth and building our talent pool. As an apprentice Trainee Technician you will enjoy the benefits of Motorpoint’s industry leading vocational training. This is an accelerated career development programme which will see you working towards a Level 2 Autocare Technician apprenticeship qualification, delivered in partnership with Skillnet Limited.
Whether you are looking for a change in career or this is your first job opportunity, we offer a comprehensive programme that provides a rounded view of the business and as an independent retailer you will have the opportunity to learn your trade across multiple manufacturers. We will support you at every stage of the programme with a dedicated mentor to ensure that you develop at a pace that it is right for you. If you share our values and have the drive to succeed, we can unlock your potential and give you a rewarding career!
- You will work towards and achieve the L2 Autocare Apprenticeship Standard.
- The program will run for 18 months.
- Covers key topics such as Tools, Equipment, Customer Care, Vehicle Chassis Systems, Engines, Routine Maintenance & Servicing, as well as Electrical Systems.
- In addition to the apprenticeship standard you will work towards qualifications in Electric Vehicle and ADAS.
- Offers fantastic peer to peer support throughout, learning from experienced and established Vehicle Technicians, as well as the support of a dedicated development coach from Skillnet.
- Includes attending block training weeks in Daventry with other Motorpoint Apprentices, back in the workplace there will be regular scheduled sessions with your apprenticeship Skillnet development coach, these will be a combination of face to face visits and online webinars.
At Motorpoint we’ll ensure you are fully equipped to carry out all aspects of your role, here are a couple of things we’ll support with to kick start your new career:
- Right tools for the job?… all tools will be provided!
- Not yet on the road?… your first 10 driving lessons are on us! (T&Cs apply).
- Didn’t quite get the grades?… we will support you through functional skills English and Maths as needed!
What do we need from you?
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need a full or provisional Driving License and be confident in low speed manoeuvres. (If you hold a provisional Driving Licence, support is available for the successful candidate as part of our apprentice Trainee Technician opportunity.)
- Willingness to travel and be away from home for scheduled block release training and assessment weeks. Accommodation and travel (usually train) will be provided.
- Training in Daventry is completed in 1 week blocks approximately once every 3 months.
- We are looking for someone who holds GCSE grade 3 / D or above in Maths and English, or a willingness to work towards and achieve functional skills Level 1 in Maths and English as required.
- We are looking for someone with a passion for working with cars
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Above everything else, you’ll live the Motorpoint values of Proud, Honest, Supportive, Happy and Together!
What you need to do to Apply?
As you complete your online application with Motorpoint you will be directed to the training partners application portal. This is a normal stage in the our apprenticeship application process.
As you will be signing up for a government funded apprenticeship programme, we will need you to complete an initial application with Skillnet, this ensures that you meet apprenticeship funding eligibility criteria and understand the learning journey you are signing up for.
Like the sound of this role?
Here’s some more good news. It comes with great benefits including the chance to buy shares in the business, competitive pension scheme, Staff discount off cars and finance options, and much more, Even better, you’ll find that you’re free to be yourself here, whoever you are, whatever you do. We believe in putting diversity and inclusion right at the heart of our workforce.
What’s in it for you?
- Paid time off every month to do something that makes you happy – yep that’s right!
- Days off for your birthday, getting married or moving house
- Discounts & cashback at hundreds of high street retailers & restaurants through our “My M.O.T” platform
- Staff discount of cars and finance options
- Cycle to work
- Additional holidays for length of service
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Long service awards
- Plus much more!