We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Are you looking for a career with great job satisfaction, supporting Children and Young People?
We have an opportunity to join us as an Assistant Residential Zero Hours/Relief Worker at our care home located in Haviland Way, Cambridge.
We provide full time residential care for Children and Young People aged 8 to 18 who have a learning or physical disabilities and or additional health or behavioural needs.
Join our team and we will offer you:
- A comprehensive induction, ongoing training and continuing professional development.
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression.
- Monthly Supervision with a senior member of staff who will guide and support you.
- Support to gain your Level 4 Diploma in Residential Childcare.
- An experienced staff team member to mentor you.
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance raising with length of service, plus the option to buy additional leave.
- Generous mileage allowance of 45p per mile (up to first 10,000 miles and then 25p per mile).
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- An hourly rate equivalent to £11.18 with enhanced pay rates for Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
- Free on-site parking
We asked our team why they love working at Haviland Way, here is some of what they said:
“Haviland Way and the children we support changed my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way”.
“Seeing the impact the work we do has on children and families is really uplifting. I am so glad to be part of something that makes such a positive difference”.
For you to excel in this role you don’t need previous experience in care, just the passion and belief that you can make a difference. Apply today and see for yourself.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. This is fully funded by CCC. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don’t hesitate, we want to speak to you now!
For more information or to chat about this opportunity please contact
Deborah Shaw – Registered Manger of Haviland Way on 01223 699784 or Dawn Curtis – Recruitment Support Officer to Haviland Way on 07443147505
Please can you ensure you can:
- Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
- Be authorised to work in the United Kingdom
- Please note we do not offer Sponsorships.
- Please can all candidates attach/include with their application a Supporting Statement explaining why they feel they would fit the role and the experience they have, to bring to the role
- Level 4 Diploma is a mandatory apprenticeship which all candidates/staff would start this within 6 months of starting their role. This course takes approx 18- 24 months to complete, is fully funded by CCC. Staff are given 8 hours every 4 weeks to work on their Diploma.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.