Salary: £24675 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
We’re recruiting an experienced Assistant Manager who is passionate about exceptional food and world-class customer service, and who can confidently oversee all Compass Group UK&I catering and service operations for a major High Street brand on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our kitchens and service counters run smoothly and helping to deliver truly incredible food experiences. In return, you’ll have the opportunity to progress your catering career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you shine as a major High Street brand’s next Assistant Manager? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising between the team and manager to ensure we continually exceed expectations
- Motivating the team to keep everyone on task
- Assisting the manager with managing inventories, monitoring budgets and implementing action plans
- Managing the tills and processing payments
- Supporting and training our teams, leading from the front to make sure everyone can excel in their role
- Assisting with paperwork when required
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
Our ideal Assistant Manager will:
- Be passionate about exceptional customer service
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Have experience managing teams
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be an ambitious and motivated individual who is always looking to upskill
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- All team members eligible are entitled to a 50% discount at their place of work. Team members are able to take advantage of this discount at the following retail brands operated by Compass Group: Costa, Deli Marche, Amigo and Baguette Co, to name a few.
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.
Job Reference: com/0905/76894001/52566564/BU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.