From £20,000 depending on experience
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now we are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Record to Report (R2R) team within Finance Shared Services on a 12 – month Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for month end close including all aspects of general ledger accounting and reporting.
You will bring strong academics, both GCSEs and A-Levels and are either already studying toward, or intending to start studying toward becoming ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Month end close including all aspects of general ledger accounting and reporting
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, coordinating with colleagues
- Maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders
- External reporting including year-end/ interim audits, regulatory returns and compliance
- Development of the month end close process, striving for process efficiencies
- Responsibility for the maintenance of accounting records and associated processes
- Development of systems and process to improve the production efficiency of those accounts
- Some experience working in finance would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of working within a team
- A general understanding of either general insurance or travel industries
- Strong academics, both GCSEs and A-Levels or equivalents. Preferably degree qualified in a numerate discipline
- Either already studying toward, or intending to start studying toward becoming ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of colleagues at varying levels
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues
- High integrity and objectivity, capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and interrogate, facilitating the ability to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Inquisitive, and strong desire to understand the “why” behind processes in order to perform them better and identify opportunities
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
Job Reference: saga/TP/74/1175