Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Asphalt Operative – Days to join our fantastic team based at our Pershore Asphalt Tarmac site in Worcestershire. Suitable candidates must be IT Literate for this role.
The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the West Midlands. The site is easily commutable from Pershore, Evesham, Worcester, Malvern, Alcester, Droitwich Spa, Upton-on-Severn, Ledbury, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Ashchurch, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Kidderminster, Bewdley, Stourport-on-Severn, Stratford-on-Avon and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Asphalt Plant Supervisor. The Asphalt Operative – Days will work on the day-to-day operations Asphalt mixing (training will be given), driving mobile plant and other site duties, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Asphalt Operative – Days will include (not exhaustive):
- Mixing of Asphalt – training will be given to the right candidate
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
The role is a DAYS role Monday – Friday and Saturday AM. Overtime is available to meet with our site’s needs
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
To succeed in the role of a Asphalt Operative – Days the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- ESSENTIAL – IT Literate
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK Manual Car Driving Licence
Previous experience working in a Plant / Mixing / Asphalt / RMX / Readymix / Quarry environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits Package
Location: Pershore, Worcestershire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47943/4805