Salary: £10 Per Hour
Shift hours: Permanent
As an Area Security Officer at 14forty, you are more than a Security Officer. You’ll be a key part of our team covering a range of sites within your area you will ensure the safety of our customers staff, their buildings and assets, whilst providing excellent customer service with a smile. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service in a safe and secure environment.
It’s a varied role where you will get to see a range of different sites and customers – the role will include greeting staff and visitors and ensuring they adhere to the required security protocols, conducting searches where required, patrolling the premises and dealing with security incidents. With a keen eye and a brilliant way with people, you could look forward to an interesting role where no two days are the same with exciting career opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
Due to licensing requirements, you will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times, You must be flexible and available to work on a varied shift pattern which will include days, nights and weekends. Access to own vehicle in order to travel between sites locally.
Please note, a valid Security or Door Supervisor Security licence is essential for this position.
Join 14forty and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international FM company – as the world’s leading provider of FM and security solutions, we offer loads of training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our managers.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Great Reward and Benefits package
- Progression, training and development opportunities
- SIA Loan agreement, We pay for your SIA licence through our Loan agreement scheme, We will help you and support with any SIA upskilling courses as required
- Learning and Development opportunities to continually build your skill set.
Applicants must either already hold a valid SIA license or be eligible to Hold one. To succeed in this role, you will also need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Determination and resilience
- Look smart and professional at all times
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience in a customer-facing role and able to deliver superb customer services
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Work independently from own initiative as well as part of a larger team
- Excellent eye for detail
- Flexible approach to work
- Understanding of relevant health & safety, Criminal laws and operations