Salary: £21,189 – £22,369 pro rata per annum based on hours and weeks worked
Shift hours: 32.5
We are looking to appoint a permanent Administration Assistant to join our existing administration team.
The successful candidate must:
• be highly motivated and want to make a difference to the pupils of John Shelton Primary
• have prior office administration experience ideally within a school environment
• have the interpersonal skills needed to provide a welcoming and very professional first point of contact to parents, visitors, and colleagues
• be able to work in a busy environment and efficiently undertake a variety of tasks
• be highly competent in using ICT packages
• have experience of using databases; a good knowledge of BROMCOM would be an advantage
• be able to work on their own initiative
Who are we looking for someone who?
• is willing to play a full and active part in the life of the school
• is resilient under pressure with a high level of commitment
• will present a warm, friendly and approachable manner as the face of the school
• has extensive administrative experience is proactive and has excellent problem solving skills
• proven experience in MIS systems (BROMCOM) would be an advantage and proficiency in MS Office
• is able to effectively manage communications into and out of school with an excellent eye for detail
• has excellent verbal and written communication skills
We can offer you:
• a Headteacher and leadership team with an inspiring vision and energy
• a friendly, committed and effective Office team
• children who are eager to learn and well behaved
• motivated, supportive and dedicated staff
• supportive governors who are committed to continuing professional development
• a warm and welcoming working environment
Qualifications relevant to an administration role would also be an advantage.
Work pattern: 32.5 hours per week, term time only
John Shelton Primary is a successful one-form entry primary school which was graded as ‘good’ at our last Ofsted inspection.
Please apply using the online application form ensuring you outline your skills, abilities, and experience in line with the key areas on the advert and Job Description and Person Specification or you can download the below attached application and return it direct to the school at email@example.com
Closing date: 22 September 2023, 1:00pm
Interview date: TBC
Only candidates completing the application form will be considered.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.